I do not recommend massage for people who:
- have a infectious skin disease, rash, or open wounds
- have had surgery quite recently
- have had chemotherapy or radiation fairy recently, unless recommended by your doctor
- are prone to blood clots as there is a low or high risk of blood clots being dislodged
- have heart disease, in which case please check with your doctor before having a massage
- have bad bruises, inflamed skin, unhealed wounds, tumours, abdominal hernia, or areas of recent fractures
These are precautions I stick to as I do not want to make any condition you might have any worse from a massage that is supposed to be stress reducing.